In addition to your personal development in judo, we take the safety of all our members very seriously.
We want you know the steps we have taken to protect you while you learn and train in judo at Kokushikai Judo Academy!
We have adopted protocol to allign with the guidelines set forth by the state of New Jersey, executive order #157, and all infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. Our members know, we have always gone above and beyond to keep our dojo sterilized and clean for all our members but we also want to assure you that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Kokushikai Safety Measures:
1. One directional flow of people. Players enter through the BACK door (on the Warren Road side) before class and exit through the FRONT door (on the Fair Lawn Ave. side) after class.
2. We have reduced capacity of 25% in our faciltiy and no more than 25 students per class to allow for social distancing during training and judo instruction. (New classes are added when class capacities are filled.)
3. Spectators are not allowed at this time. Only exception is for our Tiny Tiger classes when the total number of participants and spectators combined are well below 25.
4. The NEW Kokushikai Judo Academy App allows contactless registration for new members and unlimited class enrollment and account access for current members right on your phone!! (Download at GooglePlay and iStore)
5. COVID symptomatic screeing questions will be collected BEFORE players arrive at the dojo. Players not responding with satisfactory answers or showing up with flu-like symptoms will be advised not to enter the dojo and stay home.
6. Temperature readings will be taken upon entering the dojo.
7. Hand sanitizer stations have been added thorughout the dojo.
8. We disinfect and sterilize all surface areas, equipment, commonly touched places such as counters, door handles, light swtiches, chairs as well as deep clean floors, restrooms and shoe racks.
We believe that the mind and spirit can grow and thrive in a clean environment when the body is challenged to develop strength, flexibility, balance and endurance through judo. We look forward to seeing you on the mat and helping you develop judo skills to last a lifetime!